NSW Extension of hotspot – Greater Sydney
The Australian Government Chief Medical Officer, Professor Paul Kelly, has extended the Greater Sydney region COVID-19 hotspot for the purposes of Commonwealth support to 16 July 2021 for Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Shellharbour and Wollongong.
Declaring a hotspot for Commonwealth support triggers the following actions, if required, including:
- access to PPE from the National Medical Stockpile for eligible aged care services
- actions for aged care facilities including PPE, single site workforce supplement and integration of an aged care response centre into the Public Health Emergency Operations Centre
- assistance with contact tracing
- asymptomatic testing via General Practice Respiratory Clinics
- reprioritisation of vaccine supplies, if required
- access to COVID Disaster Payment, if eligibility criteria is met, including the state imposed lockdown runs for greater than 7 days.
Please note, single site workforce arrangements and activation of the Support for Aged Care Workers in COVID-19 remain in place until 24 July.Leave a reply